The foal collection’s presentation last week got the first edition of the Borculo Online Foal Auction off the starting blocks. One and a half week before the auction officially begins, the interest in these ten exclusive foals is already remarkable! Bidding starts on Friday April 26 after which the auction closes on Monday evening April 29 from 8 p.m. Expectations are high, because of the quality of these genetically exquisite foals, born early in the year.
Proven performance genes
If we take look at the four jumping foals, the clear influence of proven performance genes immediately catches the eye, from the sire lines but perhaps even more prominently from the direct dam lines. In addition to their potential for (top) sport, even more is clear about these foals. Selector Floris van Leuken says: ‘The colts are above average suitable for a future stallion selection and the ambitious breeder gets the chance to obtain the foundation of a strong dam line with these fillies.’
If wehighlight the four jumping foals’ direct dam lines, we come to the followingoverview:
1. Oreuza VDL (s. Apardi), filly
- Dam Koreuza S (s. Thunder van deZuuthoeve) is a sister to 3 international horses (1.55m, 1.50m and 1.40m), amongwhich popular KWPN approved stallion Etoulon VDL (Jur Vrieling).
- The dams in the 3rd and 4thgeneration produced together a total of 7 international horses (1.60m 2x, 1.50m2x, 1.45m and 1.40m 2x)
2. Osuussinaa (s. Colman), filly
- Dam Abersinaa (s. Calido I) is alsodam of 2018 KWPN approved Kobalt VDL (s. Modesto).
- Granddam produced former Dutch nationalchampion Emmerton VDL (Jur Vrieling) en great-granddam produced Modesto (JeanMarc Nicolas), winner of Nation Cups for France.
3. Oakley W (s. Halifax van het Kluizebos), colt
- Dam Zilverstar W (s. Zirocco BlueVDL) is a sister to 5 international horses (1.60m, 1.50m 3x and 1.45m), amongwhich KWPN approved Royal Star (Cameron Hanley).
- Granddam is also granddam of TopHero (1.60m), BWP approved Tsar Hero (1.50m) and several other internationalhorses (1.45m 2x, 1.40m).
4. Kalle JS Z (s. Kassander van ’t Roosakker), colt
- Dam Cella (s. Verdi TN) has thesport predicate and already produced several already successful offspring as a broodmare.
- Granddam produced 3 internationalhorses, among which Ufo (1.60m, Francesco Turturiello). The 4th generation damproduced among others well-known stallion Pino (1.60m, Marielle Schröder).
Future sport potential
In the dressage foal collection we see strikingly fine movers. Also here a lot of potential for sport, partly due to the large influence of Grand Prix genes. Selector Linda van Doorn’s words are in accordance with those of her jumping colleague. She says: ‘These colts are certainly interesting in regard to a later stallion selection. And both fillies will be of value to any breeder.’
When welook specifically to the Grand Prix influences present in the six foals we cometo the following overview:
5. Orbelluce da Silica (colt)
- Sire Escolar is a highly valued breedingstallion who made an outstanding winning Grand Prix début with HubertusSchmidt.
- Dam Dolasilla is by Grand Prixstallion Belissimo M. Out of her direct dam line descends Grand Prix horseRavelo (v. Royal Diamond).
6. Onassis (s. For Romance II) (colt)
- Dam Dawina W is sired by the number1 performance stallion De Niro.
- Through other leading Hanoverian stallionsLauries Crusador xx and Weltmeyer we come to the dam Lady who produced jumpinghorses at 1.60m and 1.50m level.
7. Odono Paulowna (s. Fürstenball) (colt)
- Granddam Andorra is a sister to GrandPrix horse U II (Gunter Seidel).
- This dam line leads directly to Adone,dam of double Olympic champion Rembrandt (Nicole Uphoff). Here we have a strongbranch of world-famous Dodona stem, with horses like Bordeaux (Isabel Freese), Ahlerich(Reiner Klimke), Amon (Annemarie Sanders-Keijzer) and Rubinstein I.
8. Ollolai (filly, picture above)
- Grand Prix potential is clearlypresent at sire Glock’s Toto Jr (Hans Peter Minderhoud).
- Future potential can also be foundwith Grand Galaxy Win (Charlotte Jorst). This successful KWPN stallion is abrother to Ollolai’s dam Champ Win T.
9. On Cloud Nine (s. Jarville) (colt)
- Dam Great Murona is by Grand Prix stallionZiësto (Hans Peter Minderhoud) and granddam is by Olympian performance stallionDon Schufro (Andreas Helgstrand).
- Great-granddam is the well-known Murona.She produced several striking sport horses among which Grand Prix classified Axel(Alexandre Ayache).
10. Ooh La La de Flora (filly)
- Sire is the illustrious Totilas,grandsire is Negro and great-grandsire is Donnerhall.
- Dam Beauté GEP is a sister to WinnetouG.E.P. (Grand Prix, Ruth Hole), who is closely related to Ooh La La de Florabeing a son of Gribaldi.
Register for the online auction
Borculo Online Foal Auction is a new asset to Foal Auction Borculo’s range. A total of ten exquisite foals will be auctioned online on www.veulenveilingborculo.nl from Friday 26th till Monday 29th April. Buyers interested can easily register on the Borculo Foal Auction’s website and make a bid on one or more foals through their account.