At the end of 2018 it’s the ideal moment to look back at what this year has brought for the foals that have been auctioned in the past at the Elite Foal Auction Borculo. If we take a look at the highlights – and there were many – we see that the ‘Borculo horses’ have delivered unprecedented performances all year round! This provides the following overview of names, put in a chronological order based by the performances delivered.
• Kremlin MD (Governor x Rousseau, breeder: M. Dinnissen) is crowned as the champion of the dressage stallions during the KWPN Stallion Show, early February. A total of six former Borculo foals are selected for the performance test, including also Kartouche (Baltic VDL x Baloubet du Rouet, breeder: H. Kessels), the number 4 in the jumping stallion championship.
• Babylotte (Dollar du Murier x Concorde, breeder: F. Burgers) and Brazilian rider Yuri Mansur start the year 2018 as the numbers 21 of the world and win in March in a stunning way during the WEF in Wellington by leaving 83 other combinations behind.
• Ace (Berlin x Irco Polo, breeder: P. de Mol) shows up with the American Alison Robitaille in April during the FEI World Cup Final Jumping in Paris. The duo participates in the final round and finishes 14th among a world class field.
• King de Niro (De Niro x Ampère, breeder: T. Huizing) receives his KWPN approval in May. Earlier, the champion stallion Kremlin MD, bought by Andreas Helgstrand, was approved in Denmark.
• Zuidenwind (OO Seven x Jazz, breeder: H. van Helvoirt) competes at the CHIO Aachen with the Swedish dressage team in July. The approved stallion scores with Rose Mathisen a beautiful 72.4% in the Grand Prix.
• Imposantos (Wynton x Krack C, breeder: W. Wijnen) wins the Pavo Cup in Ermelo in August under Bart Veeze (picture). Previously, this combination was very successful at the same location during the FEI World Championships for Young Dressage Horses.
• With Wings (Larino x Ronald, breeder: G. Arts) impresses in September with Japanese rider Karen Polle during the WEG in Tryon. The duo finishes 11th in the opening test with 124 combinations and keeps on performing brilliantly all the way into the individual final (best 25).
• Kyton Platinum (Ferguson x Ferro, breeder: W. Goesten) is the next approved stallion at the KWPN performance test in November. In the same weekend, Liborio (Jazz x Ampère, breeder: Statement Horses) also earns his approval at the stallion show of the Oldenburger Verband.
• High Five U.S. (Charmeur x Negro, breeder: Chr. de Feyter Seydlitz) finishes the year fittingly in December. The approved stallion impresses with his first crop during the first viewing of the KWPN. In total five of his six offered offspring deserve a ticket for the second round viewing in early February 2019.
With the overview above we can enter a new year full of confidence. It already promises to be a special year, since Foal Auction Borculo will celebrate its 40th anniversary in 2019! And also in the new year all top performances of the former Borculo foals can be followed closely via the HorseTelex overview, which shows all current international top-10 results of the Borculo horses.
With Wings and Karen Polle performing at the WEG in Tryon.